District Contact Information
Big Oaks Municipal Utility District
c/o Coats Rose, P.C.
9 Greenway Plaza, Ste. 1000
Houston, Texas 77046
The District’s E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on May 6, 2023.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the District’s Attorney (Coats Rose, P.C., attention of Monica Roberts-Jenkins) by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 6, 2023 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
- Last day to file for place on May 6, 2023 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2023.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the District’s Attorney (Coats Rose, P.C., attention of Monica Roberts-Jenkins) by mail, fax or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 6, 2023 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21, 2023.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
- Order Declaring Unopposed Candidates Elected to Office
Orden Declarando a Los Candidatos Sin Oponentes Electos a Sus Cargos
- Order Calling Park Bond Elections
Orden para Convocar Elecciones de Bonos para Parques
- Sample Official Ballot
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on Ballot
Aviso de Fecha Limite para Presentar Solicitudes de un Lugar en la Boleta de Votacion
- Voter Information – Proposition A, B
Informacion para el Votante – Proposicion A, B
- Notice of Election
Aviso de la Eleccion